Monday, June 29, 2020, Durham, NC: The North Carolina Speculative Fiction Foundation is proud to announce the shortlist of 6 titles for the 2020 Manly Wade Wellman Award for North Carolina Science Fiction and Fantasy. These titles are the result of a juried selection from the 18-title longlist, itself the result of a juried selection from the 83-title eligibility list, presented in alphabetical order by author last name:
- Where Oblivion Lives by T. Frohock (Harper Voyager)
- The Women’s War by Jenna Glass (Del Rey)
- The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher (Saga Press)
- Breaking Gods by D. J. Molles
- To the Bones by Valerie Nieman (West Virginia University Press)
- A Fall in Autumn by Michael G. Williams (Falstaff Books)
The winner(s) will be announced at ConGregate on Friday, July 17, 2020. However, as ConGregate will not be held in person this year, location and manner of the announcement is subject to change at this time.
The Manly Wade Wellman Award was founded in 2013 to recognize outstanding achievement in science fiction and fantasy novels written by North Carolina authors. The 2020 award covers novels published in 2019.
The award is named for long-time North Carolina author Manly Wade Wellman with the permission of his estate.
Bookshop.org list: https://bookshop.org/lists/wellman-award-finalists-2020